PREPARATION TIME: 30 minutes COOKING TIME: 35 minutes SERVES: 4
2 cups ‘Right Start’, ‘Just Right’ or any brand of Fruit and Fibre breakfast cereal.
1/4 cup golden syrup.
6 fresh dates, pitted and chopped.
4 large Granny Smith apples, halved and cored.
1 cup apple juice.
1 tablespoon butter.
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Preheat oven to 170°C fan forced.
- Combine Cereal, honey and dates in a small bowl.
- Place apples cut side up in an ovenproof dish. Press the mixture into the apples.
- Pour apple juice around apples and place a small amount of butter onto each apple half.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and cook for a further 15
minutes or until the apple is soft when pierced with a knife.
- Serve apples with ice cream. cream or yoghurt.
Tip: Slice a small amount off the uncut side of the apple to prevent it tilting over during baking.